|BSFT SYSTEMIC DIAGNOSTIC SCHEMA AND TREATMENT PLANNING
BSFT has often been referred to as a diagnostically-driven therapy. Although focused on development of competence and mastery in families, this family strengthening model forms the framework of the strategic therapeutic plan for intervention on the basis of clear, process-oriented, interactional diagnosis. This BSFT diagnosis then becomes the map that specifically and precisely directs the therapy itself.
In this interactive workshop students will learn:
- BSFT diagnostic tools and methods
- How to observe PROCESS...watch what they do, not what they say
- The six BSFT diagnostic dimensions
- Developmental stage
- Identified patienthood
- Conflict resolution
- Life context
- How to achieve an accurate diagnosis of observable interactions
- Developing a strategic Treatment Plan
There will be a PowerPoint presentation with student interaction, and class exercises. We will also be diagnosing families that have been videotaped both performing Family Tasks and in therapy sessions.