The Family Therapy Training Institute of Miami (FTTIM™) is the home of Olga Hervis, co-developer of Brief Strategic Family Therapy (BSFT) and Family Effectiveness Training (FET). It has earned an excellent reputation for its dedication and leadership in providing quality training and consultation to the behavioral health community. FTTIM’s commitment to help organizations implement viable and sustainable Brief Strategic Family Therapy programs is evidenced by its achievements.
FTTIM has trained over 1,000 individuals in multiple sites across 35 states. Several factors speak to FTTIM’s distinctiveness:
- FTTIM’s director, Olga E. Hervis, remains consistently active as a researcher and clinician, and is the only co-developer of the BSFT model that is still active in training clinicians to certification, and has been for over 30 years
- Our director authored and developed the BSFT training programs.
- FTTIM has the largest staff of BSFT Master Trainers
- Our staff can provide training in Spanish and English
- FTTIM is the only organization offering an ongoing BSFT Certified Supervisor-level training program (BCS)
- We deliver training promptly after the execution of a contract
- Our contracting procedures are exceptionally fast and easy
- SAMHSA 2009 Science & Service award ---A winning implementation site (CCYSB)
In addition, Hervis created the BSFT Adaptable Version (BSFT-AV). In this manner she developed the methodology for importing an evidence based practice (EBP) from the research arena to the practice field, to service clinical populations that differ in ethnicity, in social context, and treatment environment.
On the occasion of nominating Hervis for an AFTA (American Family Therapy Academy) award, Dr. Rubin wrote “In my own career, rarely have I have encountered anyone who so successfully navigates three key domains of family therapy: research, education/training, and clinical practice. As a researcher, teacher, and clinician Ms. Hervis excels. Yet it is her ability to integrate these three aspects that distinguishes her from other model developers. She has taken lessons learned over thirty years of research and practice, and designed and delivered an effective training program. This training model maximizes the benefit for clinicians and ultimately families in need. “ (Bart Rubin, Ph.D.)
FTTIM distinguishes itself in the experience level of its director and faculty, and in the execution of training these vital evidence based programs. Our dedication at FTTIM is to improving the lives of at-risk children and adolescents and their families through our services.